YOUTH UNITED: Student United Way for Central Illinois equips area students with the education, awareness and experience to more effectively collaborate and create lasting change within the community.
As the Heart of Illinois United Way’s Student United Way, YOUTH UNITED offers area high school and college students the opportunity connect with each other while learning about how the United Way is making a positive impact on central Illinois.
Students in YOUTH UNITED actively participate in addressing their community’s needs through volunteer projects and awarding youth-related grants to Heart of Illinois United Way partner agencies. Students meet monthly to plan area service projects and to develop an annual spring volunteer day for all of the schools.
In addition, students learn about the United Way’s grant process by requesting grant proposals and rewarding grants that make a positive impact on area youth. These grants cover safety and health education, mentoring, summer camps, community gardens, counseling and anti-bullying programs, and much more.
Why participate in YOUTH UNITED?
- Develop leadership and organizational skills
- Learn about critical health and social service needs in the community
- Build self-esteem through volunteering to help people in need
- Connect with other students from central Illinois
- Explore career options in the nonprofit and social service sector
- View current members of YOUTH UNITED…