The Heart of Illinois United Way‘s Community Impact Fund is the shortest distance between your charitable contribution and a stronger, safer and healthier community. When you choose to give to the United Way, your gift impacts lives throughout central Illinois.
Annually, Heart of Illinois United Way funds more than 80 programs focusing on these key issues:
Quality education helps youth and adults achieve their full potential; key programs include pre-k literacy, tutoring, mentoring, special education, college and career counseling, and adult literacy.
Financial Stability Programs:
Financial stability promotes independence; key programs include basic human needs such as food, shelter and clothing, legal support, employment assistance and life-skills education.
Prevention, intervention and education lead to health and wellness; key programs include community clinics, physical fitness, nutrition counseling, dental and vision care, and therapy.
Heart of Illinois United Way’s Grant Evaluation Process
As the largest non-governmental investor in local health and human care services in central Illinois, the Heart of Illinois United Way is dedicated to ensuring the people in our communities have access to the education, financial stability and health programs they need.
- July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021 marks the third year of a three-year grant funding cycle addressing education, financial stability or health needs.
- Funding is awarded based on need, the availability of funds and evaluation/measurement of the community outcomes achieved by the program(s). Funding recommendations were presented to the HOIUW Board of Directors for approval at the June 2020 meeting.
- Approximately 100 volunteers from diverse segments of central Illinois evaluate agency programs and outcomes through our competitive grant process. Click here to see who serves on our allocation panels.
Heart of Illinois United Way Electronic Grant and Reporting System
Please note applications are submitted through the Heart of Illinois United Way Electronic Grant and Reporting System at grants.hoiunitedway.org. To obtain a Web User ID or to request additional information, please contact Nicole Frederick, VP of Community Investment, at 309-674-5181, ext. 1230 or email@example.com. For our partner agencies, the following reference materials are provided for system technical assistance:
- Impact Area Outcomes and Indicators
- Fund Distribution / Allocation Schedule for Year 1
- Cover Page for Year 1 Application
- 2021-22 Year 1 Grant Application – Narrative Questions and Instructions Summary
- 2021-22 Year 1 Grant Application – Scoring Summary
- CIP Reporting Summary and Instructions
Agencies Seeking Heart of Illinois United Way Membership / Partnership
For central Illinois 501(C)3 nonprofits seeking partnership into the Heart of Illinois United Way family of agencies, please download the New Partner Agency Application below.
Nonprofit agencies have to be an approved Heart of Illinois United Way agency before they are allowed to compete for grants. By reviewing the guidelines, you can learn how your nonprofit will be reviewed.
For additional information please send an email to Nicole Frederick, Vice President of Community Investment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.