From silent auctions for designer purses to great raffle prizes, more than 600 guests will have the opportunity to enjoy fashion and a fun night out for a great cause! Funds raised by previous Power of the Purse events have established endowed scholarships for low-income women in central Illinois and provided weekend snack packs for children in need. Continue reading
– Dr. Seuss
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.
Create a memory this February …we invite you to join one of our Success By 6 preschool classrooms for Read Across America Day. You’ll have a great time reading The Mitten and acting out the story!
- About The Mitten: One by one, woodland animals find a mitten and crawl in … first a curious mole, then a rabbit, a badger and others, each one larger than the last. Several animals sleep snugly in the lost mitten until a bear sneezes!
- Volunteers will be reading to 3-5 year-old preschool students, so be prepared to have fun and engage a young audience.
- After reading the book, volunteers will help the teacher layout a large “mitten” (a large sheet) and help the children take turns as the book’s cast of characters. The grand finale … a large sneeze by the bear and everyone in the class!
- Each Success By 6 classroom will have a kit with character masks and a large “mitten”.
Heart of Illinois United Way Community Campaign Celebration Cancelled!
Due to the weather on Wednesday, January 30, 2019, the Heart of Illinois United Way is cancelling our Community Campaign Celebration so everyone can stay safe and warm.
We sincerely appreciate your generosity and support. Look for an announcement soon as we celebrate the accomplishments of 2018!
The Heart of Illinois United Way is partnering with NOVA (Network of Volunteer Administrators), SERVE Illinois and Bradley University to host a volunteer engagement seminar in Peoria on November 6, 2018. Shari Pash, President and Owner of Strategic Solutions for Growth, will provide a dynamic, fun and interactive seminar that is motivational and hands-on. An accomplished coach and trainer with over 30 years of experience, Pash’s work is changing the culture and way organizations approach volunteer recruitment and retention. She provides a customized, multi-step recruitment and retention program with proven success. Join us for a one-day, all access pass to recruiting volunteer talent and taking them beyond being one-hit wonders! Continue reading
Please join us as we kickoff our 2018 Campaign on Friday, September 7 at the Peoria Civic Center from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. The breakfast includes a presentation by 2018 Campaign Chairs Paul and Colleen DiGiallonardo, recognition of 2018 Pacesetters, and guest speaker, Michele L. Sullivan. Continue reading
If you’re looking for a chance to break out your old prom tuxes and dresses, compete against others in the community, and possibly win great prizes sign up for the Mad Dash today! Grab your friends, co-workers and peers and get ready for a day of exciting competition in pursuit of the $1,000 grand prize! All proceeds from the Mad Dash go to support the Heart of Illinois United Way.
- Date/Time: Saturday, July 14 | 9:30 – 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Bradley University
- Registration: Teams of 2-4 people/$150/team.
The Heart of Illinois United Way will officially kickoff our 2018 campaign with a breakfast featuring guest speaker Michele Sullivan, Caterpillar’s Director of Corporate Social Innovation and President of the Caterpillar Foundation. Following the breakfast, volunteers are invited to participate in our Day of Caring featuring numerous community-wide volunteer opportunities and a food drive.
- Date/Time: Friday, September 7 | 7:30 am -9:00 am breakfast
- Location: Peoria Civic Center
- Reservations: Open July 30