GENeration United (GEN U) is a group of emerging leaders within the Heart of Illinois United Way who engage in meaningful activities that address the needs of our community. We are looking for energetic leaders ages 23-45 to join our efforts to build a stronger united community through giving, volunteering and workplace leadership.
GEN U offers great opportunities . . .
Meet like-minded individuals and participate in fun, social and networking opportunities. CONNECT provides participation through:
- Quirky Fundraisers (Tacos & Trivia, Wine Tastings, etc.)
- Family-Friendly Events
- The GEN U MAD Dash
- United Way Special Events
Whether you are serving meals, painting a room, or tutoring a child, year-round volunteer projects provide opportunities to reach out and serve the community alongside your peers. SERVE promotes volunteerism through:
- Monthly Volunteer Opportunities
- United Way’s Day of Caring
- Agency Special Events
- Holiday Service Projects
Take an active role in building awareness and advocating for the United Way. By giving back to the community, you will develop leadership skills and build a philanthropic presence in your company. LEAD encourages community involvement through:
- Structured Mentoring Opportunities
- Peoria BoardSERVE
- Workplace Leadership
- Agency Tours
BECOME A GEN U MEMBER!
Join GEN U and take an active role in how to LIVE UNITED within your community . . .
GEN U MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO:
- Support the Heart of Illinois United Way (which provides funding for more than 90 local health and human service programs) by providing a charitable gift, at a financial level with which you feel comfortable, either through a workplace campaign or by an individual donation.
- Volunteer a minimum of 10 hours each year at GEN U organized volunteer opportunities.
- And participate in at least one GEN U or United Way core initiative:
- Serve on a committee for one year
- Attend scheduled agency tours
- Be involved with BoardSERVE Peoria
- Attend CONNECT events
- Participate/volunteer for MAD Dash
- Serve as your workplace coordinator
BENEFITS OF BEING A GEN U MEMBER INCLUDE:
- Leadership development opportunities
- Community involvement
- Connection with people and programs
- Exclusive invites to United Way events
- Recognition at annual GEN U events
For more information about GEN U, contact Stephen Peterson at 309-674-5181, ext. 254 or email@example.com
Gen U Events & Volunteer Opportunities
Click here to check out upcoming GEN U events and volunteer opportunities!